The Family Enrichment Project offers FREE Family Support and Counselling services.
Enrich's qualified Family Workers, Counsellors and Therapists who are passionate about supporting families
as they repair-rebuild-reconnect the most important relationships in their lives.
Family Support and Counselling Services
Our team can assist parents, carers, children and young people to:
- Gain more understanding of behaviour and how to respond in ways that strengthen the bonds between parents/carers and children
- Discover individual and family’s strengths and make them work
- Learn more about how bubs, kids and teens develop and what helps children and young people as they change and grow
- work towards achieving the goals that matter most to them
- work through tough times when relationships are under stress (i.e. separation & divorce, disability, bullying, family conflict)
Enrich Family Work
- are trained and qualified to work alongside families on a broad range of issues concerning parenting and family life
- work collaboratively with parents on the things that are most important to family
- can visit at the home or another location that suits the family's needs
- provide support for parents of children 0-18 and pregnant women
- can help parents to find out about services or resources that will help their family and support families to make referrals to those services
- have formal counselling qualifications
- work collaboratively with families, children and young people (0-18 years) or those expecting a baby
- work primarily from our Katoomba Office which has warm and welcoming spaces for parents and children
- offer a range of counselling models including Art & Expressive Therapies, Children's Play Therapy, General counselling in a Solution Focused Brief Therapy Model
Child Centered Play Therapy
Gateway Play Therapists, in partnership with Connect Child & Family Services offer free Play Therapy services for families with children aged 3-12 yrs. Child Centered Play Therapy is a gentle, non-directive approach to helping children with emotional, social and behavioural difficulties.
Because we believe that family are the most important support for children while they grow, learn and develop, we recommend and provide parallel family enrichment services for parents and carers of children participating in Play Therapy. Parents often need a secure base and safe haven while they provide nurturing and support to their children.
Art and Expressive Therapies
Art Therapy incorporates drawing, painting, sculpture, collage, clay or other materials to express themes, strengths or a story that is significant to the client. Safety is a theme most often explored first, to produce a tangible safe foundation before more difficult feelings are expressed.
The resulting art work creates a containing triangle consisting of client-art therapist-image. As well as a way to externalise difficult feelings or experiences without the need for words, the created image may carry with it new insights, strengths, protective connections, and hopes and dreams. For children, art making in itself is fun, soothing and contributes to emotional regulation.
** PLEASE NOTE that our waitlists for Play and Art Therapy are currently closed **
A Referral/Intake Form can be downloaded here and emailed to or you can call to make a referral.
For More Information contact Gateway Family Services
PH: (02) 4720 6500 or 1300 316 746 (Blaxland Office) or (02) 4782 5326 (Katoomba Office)
Gateway encourages, supports & respects diversity in families & communities.
Our Doors are open to everyone.