Through the Essentials project we aim to assist people who are struggling financially and need help with the essentials of day to day living.
Food and Food Vouchers
Just drop into 'The Cottage' - Gateway Office in East Blaxland on
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 9.30am-12.30pm
Tuesday & Thursday 1.30pm-4.00pm
- we can assist with food including non perishable items, bread, fresh fruit and vegetables, toiletries etc and/or financial assistance/vouchers (as available)
We can also let you know about
- Gateway programs & community services and a range of services available in your local community
Bills and Financial Assistance
Please make an appointment if you need help with
- Power bills through the EAPA scheme
- Water bills
- organising extensions of payment & deal with other matters
- information about other services in times of hardship
Pharmacy and Travel Vouchers
We have a limited fund to assist with PBS scripts and train travel. Please make an appointment.
Making an appointment is easy!
Just call (02) 4720 6500 or 1300 316 746 Monday to Friday 9am-4pm and we can book you in !
Each year we provide Christmas Food and Gift Hampers to people doing it tough. From August each year, you can request a hamper by completing a simple form at the Blaxland office.
The Essentials Project is completely 'unfunded' so all food and hampers are provided with donated food and gifts or money donated for that purpose. This means that we cannot guarantee at any one time what will be available. We are very grateful to the individuals, organisations, businesses and communities around us who assist us to meet the need.