Community Hubs & Playgroups
Winmalee and Lower Mountains Hubs
A community HUB focuses on the well-being of children, family and their community.
What's in it for families, the school and community?
- Children thrive when home, school and the community work together from birth
- The Hub activities build on the important role of parent and child relationships
- meet and get to know other families in the area too
- learn about what services are out there for your family's needs
- Children's transition to school would be easier when families are already linked into the school and other services.
The Hubs are school centred, where the school becomes a place for families and the community, to hear about and connect with other services, join in activities, make new friends and have fun!
The Hub is for everyone, whether you are a family with young children and babies, or you are a parent to be.
At the Hub
- Join in the fun at our 0-5's Play and Chat Groups
- Get information and talk to local services about your children's growth, development and behaviour
- Join other parents and carers at a variety of parenting courses and community celebrations.
Contact Gateway Family Services on (02) 4720 6500 for more information
Lower Mountains Play and Chat
Thursdays during school term- 9:15am - 11:15am, Blaxland Public School, Baden Place, Blaxland.
Wednesday during school term 9.15am - 11.15am, Pinnaroo OOSH, Winmalee Public School.
Speak to Jenny on (02) 4720 6500 for more information on either of these playgroups
- plan and coordinate the group
- provide a supportive and listening ear for parents
- provide information about the services in the community for parents and children
- provide play and reading activities for children of all ages