About Gateway Family Services
Gateway Family Services is a welfare service founded and supported by Blaxland Uniting Church. It has been serving families in the Blue Mountains since 1990 and in Penrith since 2006. It has offices in the "Cottage" in the grounds of the Uniting Church in Blaxland and at Clairvaux Community Centre in Katoomba.
"Gateway is committed to building a stronger community through helping to build stronger families."
- Employs experienced trained workers who provide counseling, support, parent groups, community activities, information, advocacy, and practical assistance to families who are experiencing major difficulties.
- Is funded by The Blaxland Uniting Church, individual donors through the 'Friends of Family Support' scheme and donations from churches, service clubs and community groups.
- Manages The Families NSW Early Intervention Family Work Project & Mobile Community Hub Project, the Child , Youth & Family Service funded by NSW Community Services and The Family Links Project and "It takes a Village Project" funded by the Commonwealth Dept of Social Services
- Partners with churches, schools & local groups to provide Emergency Food Relief to low income families.
- Is supported by Blue Mountains City Council to provide Food Vouchers
- Partners with Wesley Mission to provide Emergency Financial Assistance to families.
- Is managed by a Community Management Committee
- Is a member of NSW Family Services, Lead Porfessional Development Assoc Inc., Families Australia & ARACY
- is a founding member of the Blue Mountains Consortium and the Stronger Families Alliance and the Penrith Child in Focus group