Safe, healthy, resilient children, young people and families in strong inclusive communities.
Inspired by the example of Jesus we respond to the needs of children, families and communities with caring and compassion.
The values and beliefs central to all we do at Gateway Family Services include:
- Respect - we respect the dignity and rights of all people
- Diversity and inclusion - we value diversity, include all and learn from each other
- Focus on strengths - we recognise all families have strengths and resources they can call upon to create a better future
- Importance of community - we appreciate the impact of community in people’s lives and the importance of belonging. We work to build connections and strengthen communities.
Who we serve
We serve families living in the Blue Mountains and Penrith local government areas, with a primary focus on families with dependent children 0 - 18 years.
What we do
We offer a range of services to support and strengthen families within their communities including:
- in-home family support, case management and counselling
- parenting programs
- counselling for children
- emergency relief
We prioritise services based on relative need with active outreach to the most disadvantaged.
The Difference We Make
Gateway Family Services works to make a difference with and for families in the following ways:
- Children and young people are happy and thriving
- Parents are satisfied in their parenting role
- Families have positive relationships
- Families are connected to people and community